We have packed, re-packed, worried, prayed, celebrated, said our goodbyes and are finally ready to go.
We have more than everything we could ever need, from Tamiflu to hopefully prevent getting H1N1, to anti-malarial drugs, antibiotics for ourselves and Katie, lice medication, scabies medication, the list goes on and on.
We have two suitcases each under the in-China weight limit of 44 pounds, a carry-on, which, I kid you not, has all of our (D & D) clothes in it and a backpack which will double as a diaper bag on the way home.
I'm sure Daniel crammed over 50 diapers (we can buy more in China) in the suitcases, 2 cans of formula (also can get more if necessary) and all of the other things that Katie might need--she's spoiled already! :)
Our first flight today is already delayed by 7 minutes. We will fly to Minneapolis, have a grueling three hour layover, then an 11 hour flight to Tokyo, with a two hour layover, where I told Sam we might have to eat fried octopus...it's on the menu--I checked! (there are American snacks in the carry-on, if needed:)) And then finally to Beijing. It's almost a full 24 hours of traveling. We will arrive in Beijing at 10:30pm Friday, China time--that's 10:30 Friday am in Indiana.
After nearly four years of planning, I can't believe it's finally here! Last night, I asked Daniel what we would do next? What a relief it will be to have Katie home and get back into a normal routine that doesn't revolve around the roller coaster of international adoption!!!!
Next time?...from Beijing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment