Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Getting attached

Apparently we are getting attached, which is a great thing!!  Katie is ok with either one of us but will get upset if she can't see me, which is good but a little tiring.  She is starting to smile at us and has even laughed a couple of times.  She's so cute in the clothes that we brought.  We chose wisely on the sizes, mostly 6-9 months but they fit now so they won't last long!

We completed her adoption this morning, so it is official, she is ours forever!!

We went to Wal-Mart this afternoon which was incredibly fascinating.  I'll attach some photos. We were the only Caucasians in the store.  We got a few glances but no one seemed to mind that we were there.  Our guide told us that the locals here are very curious about us but once they know why we're here, they understand and are glad that we can give the babies their own families.

I noted that eggs are not refrigerated here.  We haven't been eating the eggs because we weren't sure plus they don't typically cook them completely.  The same with milk, I would give a lot for a glass of milk but the sign on the milk dispenser in the restaurant states "fresh milk" what exactly does this mean?  We don't know plus it's not very cold.  I'll wait until we get home!

We're both craving salads but wouldn't dare eat uncooked vegetables.  There's a Pizza Hut nearby, we've been there twice in two days, it's very good.  They gave a frequent diner's card!!!!!!! 

The hotel provides new toothbrushes and toothpaste everyday if you need it.  While I was giving Katie her bath in the sink this morning, she latched on to one of the new toothbrushes.  If we would let her, I'm sure she would carry it around all day!  She puts the handle part in her mouth and chews on it; she's trying to cut some new teeth!

Overall things are going well.  We're here until Friday when the girl's passports should be ready.  Then we fly to Guangzhou, our final stop before heading home.

No comments:

Post a Comment