Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snowed in on the Third Day of the New Year

The third and fourth days of the New Year are considered inappropriate to visit relatives and friends. These days are allocated to visiting grave sites of those who have passed.

Here in Markleville, we have received an abundance of snow in the last 24 hours...at least 12 inches! It's a good thing that chickens can fly or I'm sure the ladies would be stuck in the snow! (Why they go out in so much snow, I don't know.)

The snow plow has just made it's first pass down our road and it's shortly after noon. Daniel was unable to get the tractor started so we shoveled our entire driveway. An hour and a half later, it was done! Not a bad workout when you are snowed in!

I worked on covering the scrapbook that I am going to fill with "baby sister's" good wishes and quilt squares. I think it turned out really nice! I love the ladybug fabric! If you recall from a previous post, I mentioned that ladybugs are a symbol of good luck in Chinese adoptions. Plus they are very cheery on this wintry day!

No comments:

Post a Comment