I think I may have the solution to the ever-growing weight problem in this country...chopsticks! Seriously, have you tried using them? Daniel and I decided that we'd better start practicing since that will probably be all we have in China and taking our own forks is not an option.
We met for lunch at our favorite Chinese place today. (China Wok on W86th near St. Vincent Hospital) And we asked for chopsticks with our meals. We had both watched videos on-line for a brief tutorial beforehand. I managed to eat my lunch with my chopsticks, Daniel had a little more trouble and finally reached for a fork. It's going to take some practice but we still have time.
The interesting thing is that I couldn't get as much food in my chopsticks as I could if I'd had a fork so I felt full faster and therefore didn't eat as much. What a great diet plan! Although Chinese etiquette says that to be polite you should clean your plate...I think we'll be eating mostly in restaurants while in China so I don't think the cook will be too offended--at least I hope not!
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment