Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Asian baby dolls

Katie has taken a real interest in a doll that I had when I was younger. The poor thing has got to be 30+ years old but she's still in good shape and has several years left in her. We put the baby to bed, cover her with a doll blanket that my mom made for me and then turn right around and get the baby up! (Seems a lot like the real thing...no need for a nap!)

Katie laughs when the baby "cries".

So we decided that she needed her own "Asian" baby doll for her upcoming birthday. Unfortunately I haven't seen any in my local stores, so I had to turn to the internet. Cute Asian baby dolls are difficult to find, and at this age, I refuse to pay big bucks. I finally located one that reminded me of one of the little girls, Holly, whom we traveled home with and ordered her.

She arrived today and much to my disappointment, was dressed in blue. I have nothing against baby boy dolls but the first doll I buy for our daughter has to at least be dressed like a little girl! So he or she, whatever it is, is headed back to wherever he or she came from!

I lucked into two other dolls and could actually specify the clothing color, the smaller one, which is 11", I ordered with lavender clothes, I think she'll get this one for her birthday this year. And the second which is a 20" will be dressed in pink and Katie will get that one later when she's a little bigger to handle that size.

I guess Asian baby dolls are about as hard to come by as Asian babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment