Sunday, May 10, 2009

Thankful on Mother's Day

Just a quick update on China: we are still waiting, we know we are close, we just don't know when we'll get the call. Swine flu may or may not be holding things up, no one seems to know for sure. Being patient is the only thing we can do right now.

Although things seem to moving at a snail's pace in China, I've spent the day reflecting on being a mom and how thankful I am to be so lucky.

I'm thankful that I could hear Sam whisper in my ear this morning; I'm thankful that I can hear the birds chirping; I'm thankful that I can see the beauty in the world around me; see Sam's wonderful smile and hear his contagious laughter. I'm thankful for a wonderful, supportive husband who seems to support the weight of the world by himself somedays. That once annoying creak in the floor...I thank God everytime I hear it. I'm thankful for my caring family and friends.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment