Tuesday, April 14, 2009

While we wait...

It's hard to believe that the month of April is half over! I'm not sure where it went but it's going by fast!

First, I need to finish the entries about the Good Wishes Quilt! We had 118 different squares donated. So that added one more row to the quilt. I chose three more fabrics:

Quilt Square #119



I liked this fabric as it reminded me of a jacket print that I fell in love with!


Quilt Square #120




This impressionist looking patch of tulips are the same colors as the tulips that will soon be blooming outside our kitchen window. They are one of my favorites, they are called "Gudoshnik" which is Russian for "artist".


Square #121



And finally, if you've not been to my house in the summer, I love flowers of all kinds and we always have lots of huge sunflowers that come up everywhere!


So the final result is absolutely stunning!



*************************************************************************************

With lots of scraps leftover, I had more than enough to make a smaller version of the 121 Good Wishes Quilt to take with us to China, I can hardly wait!

I have re-discovered sewing and have made another baby quilt, and am finishing up yet another! It's been a blast! And it's so much faster than scrapbooking! Don't get me wrong, the scrapbooking is still my passion but this is pretty fun too!

And we continue to wait for news...we don't really expect to hear anything until at least early May. We don't know that we'll be included in the next batch but we are hopeful! If not May, than hopefully June.



We decided that we have enough time before we travel to raise a flock of 28 meat chickens. They arrived last week and today are a week old. They will be finished in just 5-6 more weeks! I've never seen anything like them. Due to their breeding, they eat all of the time! So they have to be fed in a special way as to not overeat and essentially eat themselves into a heart attack. We feed them from 7:30am-7:30pm and then take their food away overnight. Let me tell you they are starving by 7:30am and literally do somersaults to get to their food when I put it back each morning.

Now if only the weather would straighten up so we can get in the garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment